jeudi 13 mai 2021

Cellarful Of Motown Vol 5 – The Rarest Detroit Grooves / 2020



 A long-overdue fifth entry in this amazing series – and like the previous volumes, a double-length set of rare material from the Motown vaults! 20 of the 43 tracks on the set are previously unreleased – and all of the material here goes way past the hits – to really show the full amazing scope of music that Motown was recording back in the day – with obscure cuts from the big names on the label, and some equally great tracks from artists who never fully got their due! The groove is upbeat on most tracks – very much in the Northern Soul spirit of the label – and titles include "Whisper You Love Me Boy" by The Lewis Sisters, "True Fine Boy" by The Funk Brothers, "A Toast To The Lady" by Frank Wilson, "I Want A Love I Can See" by The Underdogs, "Don't Be Too Long" by Anita Knorl, "All I Have Left Are Memories" by Sammy Turner, "Hold On To Me Darling" by Ann Bogan, "Determination" by Ivy Jo Hunter, "I Don't Want You Anymore" by Chris Clark, "There's No Love Left" by Eddie Holland, "Then" by The Temptations, "A Miracle Happened" by Johnny Bristol, "All I Want Is A Little Bit Of Love" by Barbara McNair, "In Your Heart" by Patrice Holloway, "Tomorrow's Child" by Terry Johnson, "It" by Little Lisa, "When Someone's Good To You" by Oma Page, "Too Much To Hope For" by Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston, "I Wish I Liked You" by Connie Haines, "The Truth Does Hurt" by Funk Brothers, "I Don't Know What You Got" by Edwin Starr, "Only You" by Brian Holland, and "I Found My Love In You" by Tommy Good.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire